Monday, April 16, 2012

NEW: Housefull 2: Insane is the only adjective (and long-live bromance!)

Where to begin on Housefull 2... (After never having seen Housefull...)

Let's just say this film is INSANE. Like...whoa. It is absolutely nuts.

There are not words to describe it. Let's just say for an idea...there are four friends pretending to be "Jolly." ...all under the same roof. Add in feuding families, several arranged marriages (and love that crosses all of those planned marriages), a dad with a criminal past, a revenge plot... Yeah, it gets crazy.

But it's an awesome never-stop-laughing kind of crazy. It's kind of scattered all over the place, but it's hilarious. It's fun. I'd recommend seeing it if completely off-the-wall nuts is your cup of tea -- but I totally understand how it could not be your cup of tea.

Oh, that and crazy-long list of stars might be your cup of tea too:
Akshay Kumar, Asin (Thottumkal), John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez, Ritesh Deshmukh, Zarine Khan, Shreyas Talpade, Shazahn Padamsee, Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Boman Irani, Chunky Pandey, Johnny Lever, Ranjeet.


My thoughts otherwise are pretty scattered.

Everyone's favorite jodi. Or maybe just mine.
One: Out of the 5 million jodis in this movie, the best? Akki and John. Total bromance. This might as well have been a continuation of the Desi Boyz bromance. (And God, I do so love to look at John Abraham. Mmmmmmm.)

I love Ritesh Deshmukh. He is adorable. And I've never seen a movie with Shreyas Talpade/didn't know who he was, but he was pretty adorable too.

And who can go wrong with Rishi and Randhir Kapoor? (Also, random side note I just observed, Randhir could totally pass as white.)

Someone else I love -- Johnny Lever. ALWAYS makes me laugh. Perfect comic timing.

Asin, the only worthwhile female in this film, gettin' down.
On the other hand.... Chunky Pandey's character got annoying after five minutes and I was glad when he unceremoniously exited the movie. Which is sad because I love Chunky.

Except for Asin, the entire female cast could pretty much have fallen off the face of the earth in the movie and I wouldn't have cared. They had very little to do but dance (some of them poorly) and be pissed and introduced to people.

I loved the music. So, on a positive note, I end with THIS SONG of the four friends in college was one of the most hilarious things I have seen in a VERY long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment